- By entering the competition you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The competition is open to all South African Residents above the age of 18 who are in possession of a valid identity document, except directors, members, partners, employees, agents or consultants of or any other person who directly or indirectly related to Snuza International (Pty) Ltd. (“SNUZA”) or its marketing service providers in respect of the promotional competition, or the spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members.
- To stand a chance of winning prizes, follow the directions on our social platforms to enter the competition.
- Entries clearly not associated with the entrant’s name/handle will be disqualified.
- SNUZA is not liable for the failure of any technical element relating to this promotional competition that may result in an entry not being submitted.
- The prize is not exchangeable for cash and not transferable.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request that images taken of the winners be used for publicity purposes in any manner they deem fit, without any further remuneration being made payable to the winner, which request the winner may decline.
- The Promoter shall have the right to terminate the competition immediately and without notice for any reason beyond its control requiring this. In the event of such termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of this promotion and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter, its agents and staff.
- The outcome of the competition is subject to the decision of the judge, presenter or organiser of the competition, whose decision is final, and no negotiations and/or correspondence will be entered into after the fact.
- Participants enter or take part in the competition at their own risk and SNUZA bears no responsibility for any loss, damage or harm suffered as a result of participation in the competition.
- The winner will be notified via social network within one month of the competition closing date and will be required to provide their contact details, which will be utilised in accordance with the prevailing laws of the Republic of South Africa.
- SNUZA will endeavour to contact the winner on social media and/or the contact numbers provided. If, however, they cannot be reached after 3 attempts have been made during business hours within a period of 48 hours for any reason whatsoever, the prize will be forfeited and another winner will be randomly selected in accordance with the competition rules.
- Prizes may not be exchanged for cash or any other prize, nor are they transferable.
- SNUZA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, suspend, extend, alter, and/or vary the competition.
- Images are utilised are for illustrative and marketing purposes only.
- SNUZA, its directors, members, partners, employees, agents, consultants, suppliers, contractors and sponsors assume no liability whatsoever for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising from an entrant’s participation in this competition or for any loss or damage, howsoever arising.
- SNUZA, its directors, members, partners, employees, agents, consultants, suppliers, contractors and sponsors assume no liability whatsoever for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising from an entrant’s participation in any fake competitions purporting to be a SNUZA competition or for any loss or damage, howsoever so arising.
- Participation in the competition constitutes acceptance of the competition rules and entrants agree to abide by the rules.
- The participants entering or taking part in the competition agree that they have read, understand and accepted (if not already previously done so) the attached consent to process personal information in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 by SNUZA and will abide by these terms and a participant’s entry into the competition acknowledges its formal acceptance of these terms.
- T&Cs for our Mother's day giveaway: Participants must reside in a geographic location where Snuza devices are sold and where International Mother’s Day is celebrated (9 May)
- Prize may not be transferred for cash
- T&Cs for our International Nurses Day giveaway and link:
- US & Canada only
- Limited stock available. Available on a first come first serve basis.
- Snuza reserves the right to change terms and conditions at any stage.
- Must provide proof of occupation as a registered nurse or midwife.
- Must currently be expecting a baby, or have a baby less than 3 months old.
- Valid only until end May 2021
- Cannot be exchanged for cash
- Application form to be completed in full to redeem.
CONSENT TO PROCESS PERSONAL INFORMATION IN TERMS OF THE PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ACT, 4 OF 2013 (POPI) BY SNUZA, including its divisions and trading partners (hereinafter referred to as the “Group of Companies”)
The Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013, (POPI) regulates and controls the collection, use, transfer and processing of an individual or legal entity’s Personal Information. In terms of POPI, a “Responsible Party” (in this case being any member of the Group of Companies) has a legal duty to process a Data Subject’s Personal Information (in this case being your “Personal Information”) in a lawful, legitimate and responsible
The companies and their employees comprising the Group of Companies do from time to time process Personal Information.
In terms of POPI all persons, including any Group of Companies’ employee who collects, manages, processes, transfers, stores and / or retains Personal Information, whether held under a document, record or in any other format has a responsibility to process such information in accordance with the provisions housed under POPI.
In order to discharge this duty, the Group of Companies require your express and informed permission to process your Personal Information.
“Personal information” means any information of a personal nature belonging to a Data Subject which may be or which is processed, collected, and used by a Responsible Party, and which will include any information related to or owned by either a private or public entity and/or natural individual such as a name, address and ID number, educational, medical, criminal or employment history, as well as information pertaining to financial transactions, views or opinions and information relating to the race, gender, sex, pregnancy, marital status, nationality, ethnic or social origin, colour, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental health, well-being, disability, religion, conscience, belief, culture, language and birth of the person.
“Processing” means the collecting, receiving, storing, using (including sharing of Personal Information with credit bureaus), updating, modifying, disseminating and destruction of Personal Information.
“Responsible Party” means the person, legal entity, company or public body that is responsible for processing an entity or individual’s personal information.
“Data Subject” means the individual, legal entity, public body or company, whose personal information is being processed.
“Information Officer” means in the information officer or deputy information officer of the Group of Companies who has been appointed in terms of as section 1 or 17 of PAIA.
PURPOSE FOR THE COLLECTION
The purpose for the collection of your Personal Information and the reason why the Group of Companies require your Personal Information is to enable the Group of Companies to:
- comply with lawful obligations, including all applicable labour, tax and financial legislation (including compliance with any South African Reserve Bank and Johannesburg Stock Exchange requirements) such as the Financial Advisory And Intermediary Services Act, 37 of 2002 (FAIS), the Financial Intelligence Centre Act 38 of 2001 (FICA), the National Credit Act, 34 of 2005 (NCA) and B-BBEE laws;
- to give effect to a contractual relationship as between you and the Group of Companies and in order to ensure the correct administration of the relationship;
- for operational and marketing reasons; and
- to protect the legitimate interests of the Group of Companies, yourself or a third party.
All Personal Information which you provide to the Group of Companies will only be used for the purposes for which it is collected.
CONSEQUENCES OF WITHHOLDING CONSENT OR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Should you refuse to provide the Group of Companies with the required consent and / or Personal Information, then the Group of Companies will be unable to assist with your requirements or provide you with the requested services.
STORAGE AND RETENTION AND DESTRUCTION OF INFORMATION
All Personal Information which you provide to the Group of Companies will be held and / or stored securely and held for the purpose for which it was collected, as reflected above. Your Personal Information will be stored electronically in a centralised database, which, for operational reasons, will be accessible to all within the Group of Companies. Where appropriate, some information may be retained in hard copy. In either event, storage will be secure and audited regularly regarding the safety and the security of the information.
Where Personal Information and related data is transferred to a country which is situated outside the borders of the Republic of South Africa, said storage shall only be done in countries which have similar privacy laws to our own or where such facilities are bound contractually to no lesser regulations that those imposed by POPI.
Once your Personal Information is no longer required due to the fact that the purpose for which the information was held has expired, such Personal Information will be safely and securely archived for a period of 7 (seven) years, as per the requirements of the Companies Act, 71 of 2008 or longer should this be required by any other law applicable in the Republic of South Africa. Thereafter, all your Personal Information will be permanently destroyed.
RIGHT TO OBJECT
In terms of section 11(3) of POPI you have the right to object in the prescribed manner to the Group of Companies processing your Personal Information. On receipt of your objection the Group of Companies will place a hold on any further processing until the cause of the objection has been resolved.
Accuracy of Information and Onus
POPI requires that all your Personal Information and related details, as supplied are complete, accurate and up-to-date. Whilst the Group of Companies will always use its best endeavours to ensure that your Personal Information is reliable, it will be your responsibility to advise the Group of Companies of any changes to your Personal Information, as and when these may occur.
Access to the Information by the Data Subject
You have the right at any time to ask the Group of Companies to provide you with:
- the details of any of your Personal Information which the Group of Companies holds on your behalf; and
- the details as to what the Group of Companies has done with that Personal Information, provided that such request is made using the standard section 51 PAIA process.
You have the right to address any complaints to the Group of Companies Information Officer or to the Personal Information Regulator.
Direct Marketing, Advertising and Promotional activities
The Group of Companies:
- may use my Personal Information for the marketing and / or promotion of its own goods and services;
- may use my Personal Information for the marketing and / or promotion of other parties goods and services
Declaration and informed Consent
By accepting these terms I hereby acknowledge that:
- I/we have read the terms and conditions reflected above and that I/we fully understand the meaning and effect thereof;
- I/we hereby declare that all Personal Information supplied to the Group of Companies is accurate, up-to-date, is not misleading and that it is complete in all respects.
- I/we hereby undertake to immediately advise the Group of Companies of any changes to my/our Personal Information should any of these details change; and
- I/we furthermore give the Group of Companies permission to process my/our Personal Information, as provided above, and acknowledge that I/we understand the purposes for which it is required and for which it will be used.