No matter where you are on the journey to becoming parents, you might already be dreaming of how you'll share the good news. So whether you're already in the early weeks or just excited for what's to come, let's look at some fun ways to tell your partner that you're pregnant. After all, good news is multiplied when shared! We've split the list into how much time and effort they take, so you can choose what works for you and your family.
Quick and easy
While these ideas are quick and easy to execute, they lack nothing in charm and sweetness. Sometimes the best way is the simplest, so don't feel bad if quick is your thing!
- A simple "I'm pregnant!" through happy tears does the trick!
- Popping the positive pregnancy test into a box or an envelope and handing it over after dinner.
- Writing the announcement on your growing tummy in lipstick for him to read.
- If this isn't your first, sending your child - with a note on a t-shirt or just a piece of paper - is a great way to send the message.
- Figure out how big your baby is compared to a fruit or veggie, and pop that into a box with a cute note. For example, at 6 weeks pregnant, your baby will be about the size of a green pea.
Some people like to spend a bit more time on these things, and that's great! These ideas take a little more planning but aren't too overwhelming.
- Bake a cake with a layer or two in the middle a different colour - pink, blue or both, depending on how far along you are. Ask your partner to cut it open, then wait for the penny to drop!
- Order a custom dessert spelling it out in cupcakes or doughnuts and have it delivered to your partner.
- Write the announcement at the bottom of a coffee cup for your partner to read when they get to the end of their morning cuppa.
- If you pack your partner lunch for work or they carry a laptop bag or briefcase, hide a tiny pair of socks and a note inside for them to open at work. Then wait for the happy phone call!
Raising the bar
Looking for ways to really make this announcement into a big deal? What fun! These ideas might take a bit more planning - and money - but will be worth their weight in the memories you make.
- Book a couple or family photo shoot. Then arrange with your photographer to shout "Sarah's pregnant!" when the shot is ready to go. The photos they take will capture all the reactions to the announcement!
- Want to share the announcement yourself? Write it out on posterboard, and ask a friend to take a photo of the two of you. Take the first photo with your partner's back turned while showing the message, then another as they read it for the first time!
- If you can, revisit the place where you got engaged. Package a note or the positive pregnancy test inside a jewelry box and "propose" this expansion to the family!
No matter how you choose to share the news, we hope the reaction you get is everything you've imagined and more. Here's to wonderful surprises and making families bigger and better!
- 45 Cute & Clever Ways to Tell Him He's Going to Be a Dad: https://thestir.cafemom.com/pregnancy/183467/19_cute_clever_ways_to
- Fun Ways to Tell Your Husband You Are Pregnant: https://www.parents.com/pregnancy/signs/breaking-the-news/fun-ways-to-tell-your-husband-you-are-pregnant/
- The 25 Most Creative Ways to Announce Pregnancy: https://www.babble.com/pregnancy/announcing-pregnancy/