How we collect this information
When a customer places an order and/or register their details with us, we store that information for future reference. This saves time when customers transact with us again, as we do not have to re-enter customer details. Sometimes we may add customers personal information with information from external sources. This is mainly done to verify the accuracy of the information we have and, again, to personalise and improve our service.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Biosentronics may use and disclose your personal information for approved purposes and in a variety of ways associated with approved purposes. This includes the following:
- Biosentronics may disclose personal information to related or unrelated third parties if consent has been obtained from you.
- Biosentronics may disclose personal information between related body corporate’s. In circumstances where information is disclosed to related body corporate’s, they are bound by the original primary purpose for which the information was collected.
- Biosentronics may disclose personal information to unrelated third parties to enable outsourcing of functions for purposes including, but not limited to billing, customer relations management and order fulfilment. This will be done when such disclosure is within your reasonable expectations.
- Biosentronics may disclose personal information to law enforcement agencies, government agencies, Courts or external advisors where permitted or required by law.
- Biosentronics may disclose personal information to avoid an imminent threat to a person’s life or to public safety.
- If disclosure is not for a primary purpose, then it is for a related secondary purpose. If disclosure has not been obtained, then Biosentronics will not disclose your personal information, unless for the reasons documented at 1.1 to 1.6 above.
- Biosentronics does not generally sell or share its customer lists on a commercial basis with third parties, but in the event that we did, it would be done only if the appropriate consent of the individuals have been obtained. In this circumstance, Biosentronics will take steps to ensure that the use of its customer list by the third party does not exceed the scope of the content.
Access to Personal Information
Biosentronics shall take reasonable steps to limit access to personal information. Biosentronics will allow access to personal information records by the relevant individual, should such requested access be in accordance with the Privacy Act. Biosentronics will correct its personal information at the request of the individual concerned as soon as practicable, and in accordance with the Privacy Act. Should an individual wish to correct their personal information, they should do so by selecting the ‘Your Details’ link when signed in to the Biosentronics website, or by contacting Biosentronics directly. Biosentronics may charge a fee for process of an access request if such a request is complex or resource intensive.
Cookies and other technologies
We will take all reasonable steps to store your personal information securely. Only specific employees in our company have access to our customers' information, and only under strict controls and procedures.
Are Your Personal Account Details Safe When Being Transmitted?
Biosentronics endeavours to protect your personal information during its transmission. Customer account information provided through this site is held in a secure server environment behind Biosentronics firewalls. All credit card details and personal information is transmitted using a 128 Bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), with encryption provided by Secure Pay, one of the most trusted digital certificate providers on the web.
Are Your Personal Account Details Stored Safely?
Biosentronics shall take reasonable steps to ensure the security of personal information held by it from such risks as loss or unauthorised access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure of data. Biosentronics only permits your details to be accessed by authorised personnel. .
From time to time and in line with customer expectations and legislative changes, our privacy policies and procedures will be reviewed and, if appropriate, updated.